13 March 2010

Taking February Off...

February is gone and now March is nearly half over. I managed exactly zero posts for the month of February, for which I am having a difficult time justifying to myself except to say that February has always been my least favorite month. I suspect it's simply because I never understood the need for the 28-day month thing. Seems like there could have been more equity when putting the calendar together. It seems to me that February could've stolen a day from January or March without much consequence to them and we still could've kept the whole leap year thing going. Curiously, I do understand the concept of leap year and the addition of a day to make up for the fact that our actual length of day is slightly longer than the 24 hours we use. Of course, thanks to the recent earthquake in Chile, our days are now 1.26 microseconds shorter. Now what am I going to do?

Anyway, I fondly remember time creeping by when I was young and now that I'm an adult and could possibly consciously enjoy or, at the very least, appreciate time, it races by with hardly a memory to recollect. Alas...

Yet again, I'm trying to justify not posting and make promises that I'll post more frequently. Here's hoping!

No comments: